Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday Tipple - Marie Antoinette

Since this is my first attempt at blogging a cocktail recipe, I decided to keep it simple and attempt a version of a French Martini that I saw in a cocktail menu once. I love the tartness of the pineapple and sweetness of the raspberries in a traditional French, and I figured champagne can only help that right?


So first thing, gather your ingredients
Don't you love my cocktail shaker? It's was a Christmas gift from my brother and sister in law.

1 1/2 shot pineapple juice (don't be fancy - the canned Golden Circle stuff is the bomb)
1 shot vodka
1/2 shot chambord
Splash triple sec (or any orange-y liqueur)
Ice cubes
Splash of champagne
Raspberries on a toothpick for garnish

Pop all ingredients bar champagne and garnish in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until icy cold. Strain into a martini glass. Take a sip if its looking a little full and then pop in a splash of champagne to fill the glass. Put some raspberries on a toothpick to garnish.


I love these martini glasses. M bought them for me for valentines one year. I like a sturdy stem when I'm drinking as I tend to be quite clumsy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment