Saturday, November 2, 2013

Review - Thor: The Dark World



We just went and saw Thor: The Dark World, and I've gotta say it was a really great film.  I read before we went that Joss rewrote a few scenes that weren't really clicking, and that really worried me.  It's never a good sign, although I do like the visual of him parachuting in from a helicopter and saving the day.  Those scenes did stand out a little, but didn't interrupt the general flow of the film, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  

I loved that the girls had a bit more to do in this film,  with Kat Dennings again getting much of the comic relief, but Jaime Alexander, Rene Russo and Natalie Portman also had a lot more of a role this time around.  Make sure you stick around right to the end of the credits for not one, but TWO end tags.  There were a lot of people in our cinema who left after the first one  giving us weird looks for remaining behind - HAH I SAY TO YOU, HAH!

Best bit: apart from the fan service for the ladies at the beginning (*drool*), I loved all the bits with the Loki, but then I'm a Loki fan from away back.  Without spoilers, there was also a great cameo in it about halfway through that was a high point for me.

Worst Bit: Probably Chris Eccleston I'm sad to say.  I mean I loved him in Dr Who so my expectations were high, but I just don't think Malekith was a character that let him show off his talents.  It really could have been anyone there under the makeup.


On a scale of Iron Man 3 to The Incredible Hulk, I give it 4 and a half.



No comments:

Post a Comment